Chicote

Saturday, January 27, 2007

The First Reptile Adoption/Show of the Year!!!!!
So here I am soaking in a relaxing bath getting ready for the first adoption/show of 2007. Mom gave me a good scrub down and made sure I was nice and clean for my outing. I'm starting to get used to baths. I still don't like them, but I tolerate them better now.

As soon as I walked in the door dad and I were bombarded by all these kids. I didn't mind since I love being petted. Dad kept trying to hold me but all I wanted was to get down and walk around then mom got me (dad had to go help someone pick out a rat for his snake) and all I wanted to do was be held by her.

So when dad got back he decided to hold our newest rescue this gorgeous male iguana. The local animal shelter called us 2 hours before the show asking us to come and get him. The whole night the iguana kept trying to get on dad's hat. He succeeded a couple of times. It was quite comical.

Every time mom would put me on the floor I would crawl back up her leg. Mom says we need to clip my nails. She said the every time I got to the inside of her thigh there was one nail that would hurt. It seemed to be a great turn out last night. There were lots of potential adoptees.
Oh mom's leaving me for a week and dad doesn't let me on the computer so I won't be able to blog next week. I wish I was going with mom. She's going to Maui for one whole week. She has to work the whole time. But still it beats these -20 and colder that we have been getting lately. Well mom's kicking me off here now so I will talk to everyone later.
Chicote


Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At Saturday, January 27, 2007 3:33:00 PM, Blogger Linda Fleming said…

    There you are Chicote! I thought maybe you stopped blogging. You are sure a big handsome lizard. Our little FL lizards are probably the size of one of your toenails. I have never seen a lizard as big as you.
    Big Wags,
    Isabella

     
  • At Saturday, January 27, 2007 3:40:00 PM, Blogger Bobkat said…

    Hi. Thanks for visiting my blog. Lizards and retiles are cool. In fact I left a weird thing off my list - when I was a kid I had a toy crocodile and snake instead of dolls!

     
  • At Sunday, January 28, 2007 9:07:00 AM, Blogger Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said…

    Chicote, we've missed you! Thanks for stopping by and visiting us. We look forward to your mom getting back so you can tell us more about your outings. We hope your friends find good homes. Every pet needs a good home.

    Roxie, Sammy & Andy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home